- Students eligible for induction will be identified by the respective AMST program director of each university located within the region.
- Eligibility will be restricted to undergraduate American Studies majors who have completed 6 courses or 18 credits in AMST or related courses.
- An inductee must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and a minimum GPA of 3.4 in all AMST or related courses.
- Inductees should exhibit active participation in and service to the AMST student association sponsored by the student’s home department or program.
- Inductees must submit a research paper, project, film, or cultural/performative artifact assessed as “excellent quality” by an induction committee, consisting of three AMST professors (or professors from related disciplines) from the inductee’s home campus.
- Once the induction committee has confirmed that the student has met all criteria, it should submit the student’s name to John Haddad by January 15, of a given year.
- After submitting a small fee ($30), inductees will receive both an official certificate and a red, white, and blue honors cord to be worn at graduation.
- For any given year, inductees will also enjoy the option of being inducted into the Society at the annual EASA conference.
- Please contact John Haddad (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.